Transportation from Tokyo to Izu Peninsula (Ocean dive site)
FREE transportation from Tokyo to Izu peninsula! EastDive offers a pick-up service departing from Shinjuku station (West Exit) . It takes about 3 hours by highway to reach the major dive sites of Izu Peninsula. Day trip tours will return to Tokyo in the evening.
Transportation Time Schedule
- 6:30 am Departure from Shinjuku Station West exit
- 8:30 am Atami station pickup ( only request day )
- 9:30 am *Meet at dive site or Jougasaki Kaigan Station pickup
- 9:30 am Arrive at Izu Peninsula dive site
- Start diving adventure!
- Our plan has every week end over night tour from Saturday to Sunday .
- Please ask for dive shop day trip back to tokyo on Saturday night ?
- All seats are reclining
- Under the seat there are boxes to hold your personal belongings
- Personal drink holder
- Personal air conditioning duct
- Rear facing monitor for watching DVDs
- HIghway bus parking area (closest to the shops)
Shinjuku Station West Exit Underground
The meet at point is a two minute walk from JR SHINJUKU STATION west exit underground.
- Exit the gate and head for the underground passage
- Look for the rotary with bus parking
- EastDive meeting place is at the bus stop
- Look for the shop vans: Diving Express 1 or Diving Express 2
- Well departure time 6:30 AM .
Jogasaki-kaigan Station ( Local site )
The meet at point choice for Local dive site well pick up . To get to Jougasaki-kaigan station from tokyo, there are several way to get there :
- Option 1 : From tokyo board the JR Odoriko ( Limited Express ) bound for Izukyu-shimoda ( approximately 9 station-
- 1 hour 56 minutes) then get off at Ito station
- From Ito Station , board the Izukyuko Line ( Local ) bound for Izukyu-Shimoda ( approximately 4 stations, 17 minutes )
- Get off at Jogasaki-kaigan Station. *Cost :JPY 4510 one way
- Option 2 : From tokyo board the Shinkansen Tokaido-Sanyo KODAMA bound for Nagoya ( approximately 4 station-
- 47 minutes ) then get off at Atami Station .
- From Atami Station board the JR Ito Line ( Local ) bound for Izukyu-Shimoda ( approximately 5 station 22 minutes )
- Get off at Jogasaki-kaigan Station. *Cost :JPY 4900 one way
These 2 option are the easiest and the cheapest to get to Jogasaki-kaigan Station from Tokyo Station . well pick up time arund 9:30AM